Metroport Meals On Wheels, Inc. is a grassroots volunteer advocate for the elderly and those in need through home-delivered meals, and other support services.
MMOW is Neighbors Helping Neighbors to alleviate hunger, isolation, and loneliness in our communities, and to foster the independence, worth and dignity of each individual we serve.
Our Philosophy is Unique
From our beginning in 1980, MMOW has built a people-centered program on a foundation of community support rather than state and federal programs. This means:
- MMOW participants do not have to meet age requirements
- MMOW participants do not have to meet financial guidelines
- MMOW participants only need to be in our geographical area and to either:
- Be unable to consistently cook and shop for themselves or,
- Be isolated and alone for extended periods dues to physical limitations
Community support is the hallmark of MMOW. It enables MMOW to serve all who need assistance without regard to age or financial circumstance.